Here we are at the start of a new year. More and more each year I find myself using the Internet to read and study the Bible. There are a lot of free online Bible reading and study tools that can be a great help in learning more about God's Word. Here is a list of my top 20 Bible reading and study online resources broken down by category.
Bible ReadingHere are some places online where you can read the Bible comfortably. Websites with a high readability and usability online or via a mobile device.
- YouVersion - Read Online or on a Mobile Device. Find me here on YouVersion.
- Bible Gateway - Read Online or on a Mobile Device
- ebible - Read Online
Bible StudyHere are some more websites where you can
read the Bible with access to in depth footnotes and commentaries.
- Biblia - Online or Mobile view available.
- Biblos - Search, Read, Study the Bible in Many Languages
- ESVonline - Online version of the new ESV Study Bible. Highlight verses and add notes.
- StudyLight- Easy to use with some great free commentaries and devotionals. New Website Design
- Blue Letter Bible - Great commentaries, dictionaries, and audio/video library. New iphone/ipad app
Daily Plans, Guides, and DevotionalsHere are some websites that help you establish a regular Bible reading habit. Resources that help you establish a reading plan and encourage you along daily.
- Encounter with God - Through the Old Testament once and the New Testament twice in five years, reading 10-20 verses per day.
- You Version Reading Plans - E100 on YouVersion
- Discovery - Each day's reading covers 10-15 verses, just the right amount for people on the go. Discovery covers representative portions of every Bible book in a four-year cycle.
- E100 Challenge - E100 Planner in PDF format
- Daily Audio Bible - Great audio resource and community. Listen to the Bible cover to cover, a little each day.
- Essential Jesus Challenge - I have been working through these essential passages that focus on Jesus.
- Our Daily Bread on Facebook - This Facebook application displays each day's reading from "Our Daily Bread" onto your Facebook profile daily.
- Bible Gateway Comprehensive Bible Reading Plan (365 Days) - Through the Bible in a year. It takes only about fifteen minutes a day.
How to Bible HelpThese are great free resources that can help you start and grow your Bible reading discipline and further your study.
- Bible Reading Start-up Guide - This E-Book provides practical tips, personal encouragement and proven resources to help make daily Bible reading and prayer come alive.
- How to Read the Bible - From the NLT Bible website.
- Keep Pressing In -Great blog post about continuing to read even when you feel disconnected or bogged down in the tough parts of the Bible.
- Arcing: John Piper on How He Studies the Bible - Learn more about a great in depth Bible study technique called Arcing.
Happy New Year!